Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Disney Deviants

Hello and long time no see, right? Actually, 'no write', which is why I've decided to make a blog post that is packed with fun, smiles, and magic!! How shall I do this? By channeling my inner Disney Princess, of course!

When I tell people that I am a princess, they usually cock their heads to the side before whispering to their friend, "I thought that you said she was normal." Well you were told wrong!

Another thing that people say when informed of my fictional royal status is, "Oh, really? Which princess are you? Belle? You look like you could be Belle." No, you don't understand. I'm not likening myself to one of the other Disney Princesses, I AM one. I am Princess Alexandra. They just haven't gotten around to making my cinematic story because it isn't finished yet. But, trust me, when it finally hits theaters, it will be bigger than Frozen. Everyone can make their life a fairytale. It just takes the right perspective, the courage to sing and dance in public, an ear for learning the languages of woodland creatures, and a little bit of pixie dust. Having a hard time dealing with this new view reality? Don't think too hard; just "let it go".

In the meanwhile, I'm more than willing to support my fellow Disney royals. Sometimes it is in all seriousness, but you have to learn to laugh at yourself as well! Classic beauties like Snow White might not be able to take a joke well, but just look at Rapunzel! For as well as she can wield that frying pan, she knows that there are times to laugh when you trip over your own hair. And Nala knows that one way to turn a lion-sized frown upside down is to let loose for a little wrestling. Today, I'd like to share some of my favorite Disney deviations that help inspire me, leave me in stitches, make me want to dance, or just leave me impressed.

Our first deviation is something called the Pocket Princesses. These small, cutesy versions of my princess peers are created by a fan who likes to see what it would be like if they all lived together. She explores possible causes of tension among the princesses, as well as what holidays would be like in a household of Disney royalty, and how all the new arrivals would be welcomed and interact with the group. They hold some lively party's, and sometimes it is crazier than the Mad-hatter's tea parties, but these comics always make me smile.

For a slightly scarier turn you can check out these Twisted Disney Princesses. Their creature thought that every goody-glass-two-shoes had a dark side to reveal in this original art. My friend made the Pocahontas this artist drew into her Halloween costume one year.

And if I might toot my own horn, I have amassed this group of pins to my board Disney Daytime Collection. For anyone who has tried to pull off a ball gown in the supermarket, getting around in glittering evening wear is no happily ever after. Don't waste one of your three wishes on a new dress - take some inspiration from this and just pay homage to your favorite Disney character by matching their color scheme and main items. Also referred to as "Disney Bounding", this is what I did for my Halloween costume this year as I tied back my hair, dawned a red jacket, yellow jeans, and a blue shirt to be Snow White.

Moving right along, I have a lineup of fun videos that show just how creative people can be when it comes to Disney spinoffs.

Disney tried really hard to get Frozen to come out right, but in all that effort, we could see some problems. These people made a trailer that honestly describes the movie but also shows why we all love it so much! (*SPOILER ALERT*)

These handsome princes have a rough time when their fair ladies dump them. The only solution? Express themselves in song and dance, of course! Can you recognize all the characters?

In a similar scenario, these princesses are all broken up with en mass when their princess get sick of their constant texts and annoying antics. They embrace their inner Spice Girl identity to make their boys remember who it is they are throwing away.

In a beautiful self-quartet, our hero (um, heroine?) describes how horribly wrong things can go once the storybook closes. Hear what happens to these princess "After Ever After."


Do you have dreams of a white lab coat, but also can't give up your passion for musicals and flash mobs? Canada has heard you and its creative students crafted this wonderful advertisement to show the many emotions and talents of their students.


Lastly, this isn't Disney per say, but a definite fairytale spinoff that has puns and parodies in spades! No, not hearts, I don't want to mess with the Queen on that one. If you have time, watch all of these short series for a new, fashionable, and silly look at the old stories.

There are so many wonderful renditions of the Disney songs in parodies and spinoffs that could keep me glued to the internet for weeks, but sadly, I still have to go to work in the morning, so this is all I can do for now. If you have a favorite Disney deviation that you want to share, please leave a link in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment