Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Con-grad-tulations!

The smartest kids you know! - Hopefully not.


Getting ready for graduation was way more work than I realized! Everything seemed to come at once, and just when I had the most work, everyone around me wanted to have going-away parties and graduation meetings; it was just all too much! My roommate had a great idea, though: "Let's decorate our hats super crazy!" Now, I'm one for a little arts-and-crafts, but by the time we were done, my hat weighed so much that I was scared to move my head or even turn to the side! Luckily, CJ (my little panda) was front and center, making the graduation hat heavy in the front and greatly improving my posture during the ceremony. I was also told by the Senior Class Officers and the Dean of Students that my hat was best in show! But what I enjoyed the most were the little girls who told their mothers, "That girl has a bear on her hat," as I walked by them. Adorable!

Really missing my long hair, I started playing with my hassle instead. 

So, graduation is done! But my work isn't :( Regardless of the things still left to do, I've decided to move ahead by looking forward to new projects, trips, and adventures! What is planned for this summer? Finishing the East Asian Studies Journal, traveling around Europe and Greece, teaching English in China, and sewing up some new outfits for a more business-ready life! On top of that, though, I need to keep active in this blog. Let's see if I can do it all ;)

CJ sits pretty as the main piece of my graduation cap (the passport is fake, by the way).

No comments:

Post a Comment