Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2012

It Is Time!

My eyes after the optometrist dilated them the other day.
I feel that this is what they will be like when I arrive in Greece!!!
I've had very little sleep from the excitement of all this! My heart was racing last night as I packed up my suitcases and checked of my list. I made a few changes this morning, but all I need now are a few more memory cards for my camera and I'll be set! I've sent out all my emails, Skyped with Japan and England, gotten money from the bank, eaten breakfast, and am now pacing the floors: I can't leave for another 2 hours! This means I am getting much better at packing for these sorts of trips, but it doesn't help that I'm all twitchy right now with nothing to do!!! My room is still in quite a cluttered state, but everything in the common areas is cleared up so that my family won't be tripping over my things or upset that I left my hair products on the bathroom counter. I already have some additional fun things planned for England - the first stop on my European tour! First, I'll be meeting with Pamela on Monday afternoon, after she finishes giving a tour in my end of London. The next day, I'll be out shopping the street markets with my dear friend Lauren, who has been studying in London almost all year now. She's invited me along to an experimental opera where they are trying to make smoke screens and holograms part of the musical experience (learn more here)! I believe I will be seeing "Toujours et Près de Moi," but she is not even sure, so we'll find out when I get there!


I have a few more things to do in America, but I'm all jitters about going abroad again! Off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment