Search This Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Last Weekend Before it All Begins

The Yew Wah High School Graduation was so cute and very short this morning. All the Witt kids (except Ben, who is turning into our lost Little Duckling, and Marcus) attended, sitting in the staff and teacher section. The ceremony was held in the canteen and was very personal as 17 graduates thanked each other and the teachers fo the memories and years of support and encouragement. Listing off your classmates would never happen at my high school (I graduated with 664-odd others), but the Hogwarts class loved each other and were/was/is (?) obviously very close. Several of the teachers whom the student speakers mentioned were the ones whom I think that I would have grown fond of as well. One girl said, "Mr. Ting, I know that you will make a great father, as you have already been a father to our class." I want to be that kind of influence for kids, too! But maybe I'm not as kind as a teacher. Maybe the international high school teacher option is not as bad as I was thinking before.


In a little bit, some of the seniors will perform in the rock band that they formed and we all have tickets to see them. I was able to do some work on the school computer after Bailey and I ate more than our fill of noodles this morning. We just went wandering and found a great place to eat. After that, we stumbled on a weekend morning market. There were so many chickens, fish, and eels! We also saw a huge melon/squash of some type and many other veggies that I've never seen before.


The rest of my day will probably be to prepare lesson plans, but my econ book is locked away and I can't access a teacher's computer very easily. Hopefully Media comes and can help us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment