Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Made it to Hong Kong!

On my last adventure abroad, I sacrificed my laptop for some extra traveling space and wound up with little way to communicate with America. Forget that noise! This time I'm headed to China with full intention of catching every wave of wifi I can snag!

A little while ago, we landed in the Hong Kong International Airport. I have been to a few airports in a few countries, and while I was impressed by Chicago's (very nice, if you haven't been, but limited hot meals once inside the gate areas) I was shocked by Hong Kong! It is like a ritzy hotel. Seriously! I don't feel like I'm in a an airport at all, but the lobby of some 4 star ("It is only 4 sat~~~rs"as Olivia would say) hotel. Very cozy and relaxing, but the fact that it is night here may be adding to that mood.

What I found shocking here (and what proves that this is definitely Hong Kong and not exactly China) was the prayer room. I'm not kidding about this one! There is a prayer/meditation room offered near the restrooms where, and I'm quoting the airport's official site on this one,
Passengers wishing to pray or simple spend some time in quiet contemplation may find comfort in the airport's three non-denominational prayer rooms. A foot cleansing basin and directional sign (Qiblah) are available in the rooms.
Pretty nifty, especially for the little monks I've been seeing go by.

I would have taken many more photos by now, but I haven't taken a single one because I've been rushed and crowded here like no other. We've had to bounce from place to place and make sure that we caught all the right flights, so I didn't have time to let my poor little camera turn on, focus, and take a picture.

Oh! Got to go! Off to Shanghai!

No comments:

Post a Comment