Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2012

Television


This is going to be a long night. Lots of our kids were up and walking around way after their bedtime, and were terribly late for the morning meet-up time. Some were even asleep at 8 am. To try and fix this, I get to be a night watchman for the 2nd and 3rd floors.

By the way, Chinese soap operas may be one of the only things that make me wish I spoke Chinese. They are all over Chinese television and are so ornate, cleanly done, and over the top that I can’t help but watch! Everyone is so beautiful, well dressed, and speaks wonderfully clearly.  I think that they re record some of the scenes so that you can only hear the voices and none of the background noises, but they shoot some scenes normally to make you feel more like it is real life. While I’ve never actually watched one, I think that soap operas could easily become my guilty pleasure: Indian, Spanish, Chinese, Korean – I find them fascinating! Making up my own ideas about what the storyline could be is fun, but I’m curious as to what all the gorgeous actors and actresses are laughing, plotting, and crying about.

Little piggy with a red bell!! He’s so little! The evil white cat woman just tied him to a water wheel (the true English name escapes me now) for torture :(

……

Some of the boys asked me to take them to buy snacks just now. They are learning to be more responsible, even to the point of making a public meeting place in the hallway for both boys and girls to talk and play cards. But they stay up really late, wake up late, and are pretty tired during the day, which is why I need to keep watch tonight.

I still don’t have my travel plans figured out, though. I need to figure something out, but that is hard without Internet. I hope that it is not this difficult to find a good connection in Japan. I’m doing a good job now, I guess, but I still have the Journal that isn’t finished. This needs to be taken care of soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment