Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

At it Again

So, I really haven't blogged in, let's see, over half a year now. I look back on all the fun and adventures I've had and think, "What was I waiting for?! Another trip?!" Since getting back from China and doing ALL of the part-time work to earn more cash to move back to Japan, I also moved out with my family to the wilds of Wyoming. Ooooh! I know, exciting, right? Well, it actually is! Not in big-fun-Cleveland ways, but in quiet-I-have-time-to-finish-this-project-now ways. I figure that this blog can be one of those projects. Just like blog I had last time I was in Japan, this one can get me back in the habit of writing so that when I go overseas I don't have to constantly update everyone individually about what I'm doing and where I'm living and what my job is like.

Ever since getting a job with Interac, I have been asked (and at some points hounded and nagged incessantly about the details of the job. May I state once more for the record:
When I find anything out, I'll let you know. If I haven't let you know anything yet, it is because I don't know. Yes, I realize that you are interested about this information, but you asking me about it once a day does not bring the knowledge into my head.
To that extent, here are some things that I do know.
Arrival date in Japan: March 21st
Location of teaching: Shima, Mie, Japan, which is known for its oyster and pearls.
Will I have a car? Yes.
How many schools? Around 8 elementary and middle schools.
Are you near Tokyo? Hardly.
Are there other foreigners in your area? There will be at least 3 others within city limits, but I don't know how often we will be able to be together.

Things that I don't know would include, but are not limited to...
Where will you be living?
Will you have internet right away?
What kind of car will you have?
Is there an Orthodox Church nearby?
Is there a dojo nearby?
Will you be able to take a fluency test this summer?

Hopefully I'll be able to have lots of good news to share, but in the meantime, I just need to get back into the habit of writing. Maybe I'll do some videos like my sister, but we'll just have to see!

1 comment:

  1. Nice info so far! I will recommend you a good car! haha

    ReplyDelete